Monday, August 27, 2012

Quick Bullets Post!

-We got a TON done this weekend in the baby’s room. The tags have been removed from all of his stuff, the clothes are all washed, folded and put away, carriers and blankets are organized, toiletries are organized, books are all up on the shelves, sheet is on the bed, cover is on the mattress pad, the fan blades have been changed from dark and scratched to beautiful white, closet now has a “cube” and is organized. The only things that we’re waiting on now are his dresser (ANY DAY Burlington Coat Factory….), the décor for the walls (MIL is stenciling silhouettes this week) and his mobile (next weekend’s project!). Peeks at what we've gotten accomplished will be coming later this week!

-On Friday I went to a Just Between Friends consignment sale and scored a Medela breast pump for $75 (electric, double pump) and an adorable Christmas sweater (I’m thinking for sitting on Santa’s lap??) for Boy Boy.

-My sister in law found out on Friday that she’s expecting a little girl!! Boy Boy’s cousin will be here at the beginning of February (she already has 2 older brothers- our nephews are 3 and 6).

-Josh and I are going to a breastfeeding/infant care class at the hospital where we’ll be delivering tonight. I’m excited to get more information and also about seeing/meeting other expecting couples.

-I’m counting the days until maternity leave….

-Speaking of maternity leave, I discovered my new favorite outfit/weekend and maternity leave uniform. Maternity leggings (I’ll probably never go back to normal), long maternity tank top and overshirt/sweater. Jewelry can be added to cute it up. So comfy! I’d wear it all the time…and I will in just a few short weeks!

-We’ve been watching too much Grey’s Anatomy. Yesterday BB got the hiccups for the second time that day (in the early afternoon) and I started thinking about whether or not it’s dangerous to get the hiccups too often and then I thought of Grey’s and how Lexie’s mom died of the hiccups (not really but that’s how it started). Luckily I’m able to recognize when I’m overthinking/being ridiculous and I talk myself down.

2 comments:

  1. You are making such good progress! Not long at all now..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have been busy! And don't worry about the hiccups :) Our little guy sometimes gets them 3-4 times a day!

    ReplyDelete