Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hopes for my son


I hope that will love playing outside. We have a beautiful backyard for you and I hope that it’s your favorite place to be.

I hope that you let your imagination just overflow with make believe. Your Aunt Andrea and I spent so many days just pretending and those are my favorite memories.

I hope that you love spending time with your dad. Even if it’s not playing baseball (which we hope you love too!) I hope that you’ll love helping him with projects, that you’ll like to sit eating cereal with him in the morning, that he’s able to teach you Sudoku and tell you all about his coin collection.

I hope that you love music. I can’t wait to hear your little voice singing and your little feet dancing. I’d love for you to want to play an instrument but even if you never do I hope that your love and appreciation for music is there.

I hope you have fun baking with me. Your family loves baked goods (as you’ll learn so soon!) and I can always use an assistant to stir and add ingredients.

I hope that you like cuddling for a long time. Both your dad and I are big cuddlers and so are your grandparents and (most of) your aunts and uncles.

I hope you will know that no matter what your likes and dislikes end up being…you are already our favorite person in the world and we love you so much. That will never change. Even if you end up not liking chocolate ;)

2 comments:

  1. I am sure your little boy will love doing all the things you mentioned above. It is hard to believe that you are getting so close. Seems like yesterday when you guys found out that you were pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your hopes and dreams for your son. I should really make a list like yours. It would be a neat addition to his baby book.

    ReplyDelete