Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Getting Ready for Baby- Freezer Meals


We’re doing everything that we can to make the transition to life post-baby as simple as possible. We both know that it’ll probably be crazy for a little while and while undoubtedly be an adjustment so making little steps here and there to help put both of our minds at ease!

We’re also a family on a budget- a budget that will be even tighter after baby is here! So in order to both help prepare and to proactively avoid a lot of eating out right after baby is born I’ve started stocking our freezer with easy meals to keep us on track.

I’m also making some cookie dough to freeze so that once labor is under way or I can tell that we’re getting close we can make some to take with us to the hospital for the nurses.

This is my list of meals/freezer items that I’ll be stocking ours with. Do any of you have any tried and true freezer meals that you’d recommend??

Sugar Free/GF Brownies

4 comments:

  1. Is the frozen cookie dough for you to eat while in labor at the hospital? I thought you could only have ice chips. I'd love the idea of some cookie dough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s actually so that we have it on hand when I go into labor so that we can cook it to take to the nurses at the hospital! I wish that we could eat cold cookie dough during labor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great of you to think of the nurses at the hospital! And I love how you plan ahead and prepare all those meals for your family. Already a mommy, ey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound just like us! I was supposed to be induced on a Wed, so I was going to take the weekend to pre-cook a bunch of meals and freeze them, but I went into labor EARLY Sat morning!

    Some other good ones are spaghetti, lasagna, and chili!

    ReplyDelete