Thursday, August 2, 2012

Morning Kick Dates with Mommy

I think that my favorite part about being pregnant is feeling our little man kick. It took awhile for his movement to change from bubbles here and there to regular, strong movement but it was so worth the wait.

I feel him pretty much all day every day now and it hasn’t gotten old. I don’t think it ever will. Every time I feel a little (or big!) kick or movement I just think “Gosh, I love our baby so much!” It’s so special to me. It doesn’t matter if it’s a tiny little punch or a huge kick to the ribs (Ow!!). They all make me smile, even the painful ones. It feels like we have a connection that’s just between us and I love how I even have my little buddy reminding me that he’s there even when I’m at work or busy doing something else. Sometimes I’ll stop and just stare at my moving belly with pride.

It reassures me that he’s growing strong and that he’s just itching to get out and meet us as much as we’re looking forward to seeing his little face for the first time.

Most things about pregnancy I honestly won’t miss –not knowing whether he’s okay, having to dramatically cut back on my exercise, the bloody noses, the constipation, etc.- but I know that I’ll miss the kicks.

Lately he’s gotten into a little bit of a schedule with his movements. Every day for the past week he starts kicking without fail in the mornings right after I get back into bed (I get up to make Josh’s lunch and then go back to bed for another hour before I have to get up). I used to be able to go right back to sleep as soon as I got back into bed but now I just lay there awake feeling him move around. It’s become our little morning routine and I’m loving it!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to start feeling those little bubbles and kicks. Glad that you enjoy it so much. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you are! I've been missing your posts. My girl just starting regular movement and I love it. So reassuring and now I'm like, "oh! this is what pregnancy is all about!".

    ReplyDelete