Friday, December 30, 2011

Bloodtest Results!!!

This past Monday I went and got my 8DPO (was supposed to be 7 but all of the labs were closed on Christmas) bloodwork taken. I waited very anxiously until I got my results on Wednesday night.

Progesterone- 14: This is the highest number I've EVER gotten for progesterone. Ever. When I was pregnant in July my number was 9 and when I was pregnant in October my number was 10. This is huge improvement for me, especially since this month I am not pregnant so this is just a normal, post-ovulation progesterone level. I see this as huge progress. Huge. My doctor said that it was still a little low so we're tweaking my med schedule a bit. In the past I've taken 1 prometrium (200mg) orally before bed for 3DPO through 12DPO. I then test if my period hasn't shown by 14DPO and if it's positive I start taking the prometrium (still 1 orally before bed). This month my doctor had me do the same thing except take the prometrium vaginally. Apparently this helps with absorption of the progesterone. And it worked! Next cycle, to get it up even higher, I'm taking 1 prometrium vaginally for 3 and 4DPO. I'll take 2 prometrium vaginally for 5DPO through 9DPO (to aid implantation...which we think is my main issue). Then it'll be back to 1 vaginally until 12DPO again. I'm really confident that this will work and I can't wait to see if it does!! Oh, I've also been using topical progesterone cream every night. I have an over the counter brand that I got at Whole Foods and I apply just a little to my inner thighs and wrists.

Thyroid-  She didn't tell me the exact number but I'm "at the perfect level for trying to conceive" according to my doctor. Alleluia!!! This month I added a small dose (25 mg) of levothyroxine and I also switched to a completely gluten free diet. I am absolutely thrilled that it helped!

Sooooo we are ON for trying this next cycle! I'm at 12 DPO right now and set to take my final prometrium tonight. Hopefully we'll be starting the new cycle with the new year. Bring it on 2012!

4 comments:

  1. Do you take B6 and asprin? I have really low progesterone also. My highest level so far has been a 13.9 when I had my chemical pregnancy.

    Congrats on good bloodwork. Its a victory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do take B6 as well. I believe that I take 400mg. I haven't taken aspiring yet but I may add that to my pill stock next cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really good news! I'm taking the estradiol vaginally too. They say it works a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great news! I'm so glad your meds seem to be working and doing what you need them to!

    ReplyDelete