Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011

1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Went wakeboarding (SO much fun), got married, tried acupuncture, got pregnant twice, had 2 miscarriages.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I did. I planned on getting healthier and starting to change my mindset from skinny-focused to health-focused. I've seen a huge improvement in my outlook but there's always room for growth and I still have a long way to go. I will make more for next year but that's a whole different post :)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
So many people. Off the top of my head I have 2 new nephews, my best friend had a baby, 4 ladies in my office, 3 facebook friends gave birth and I have so many friends that are pregnant right now it's crazy.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not in 2011.

5. What countries did you visit?
Mexico for our honeymoon! It was absolutely fantastic, best week of my life. 



6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?

Patience. Ha, we'll see.

7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Our wedding day (June 19th) and the date of my first miscarriage (July 25th).

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Running a half marathon. It was really a leap of faith and I'm so proud of my sister and I. 


9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting things get the best of me. Also, I haven't been the most selfless person. I really want to work on that.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Quite a few rough colds, strep throat and other things related to the MCs and my overall health issues.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our plane tickets to Mexico. 


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Josh, my mom and my sister were all extra amazing this year. I really think that Josh deserves an award for every day that he spends with me without having a complete meltdown and he's been so great about rolling with the punches. We haven't had the easiest start to our marriage but it's really only made me more confident in it's sure success. He's my rock.

My mom was fabulous through wedding planning. I was so stressed out and not an easy person to deal with at all and she jumped through hoops for me. She also spent countless days in the car driving almost 2 hours to pick me up to drive me to doctor's appointments to drive me home, all while being an incredible emotional support to me and taking care of my dad, young brother and ailing grandparents at home.

And my sister has just been there for me through everything, unconditionally. She's always willing to drop everything when I'm having a crisis and do anything that'll help get me through it. When I was on bedrest for 2 weeks in July/August she made the 2 hour roundtrip drive to just spend the day with me multiple times. I'll never forget those Project Runway marathons in my bed, eating popcorn and puppy chow and crying. I couldn't have gotten through those days without her.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

I'm really surprised that no one comes to mind actually...

14. Where did most of your money go?
Wedding things and medications.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Marrying Josh! I thought I'd be so emotional and a ball of nerves on the actual day but I was just SO excited and happy.


16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
"Blessings" by Laura Story.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? That's hard actually. I think I was happier last year but, despite everything, I'm really happy this year.
- richer or poorer? Richer. We've really worked on budgeting and savings this year and I'm so proud of our progress.
- thinner or fatter? Same actually.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Relaxing.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Wishing the weeks away.

20. How did you spend the holidays?
With family, the only way I'd want it :)

21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Over and over. I fall more in love with Josh every day it seems.


22. How many one-night stands?

Zeroooo.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
I got pretty obsessed with Biggest Loser this season but I also have really enjoyed a lot of the new shows that have been on (The New Girl, Up All Night, Last Man Standing, Man Up etc.). My all time favorite that I watch (and record!) every day is Jeopardy.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

I actually don't hate anyone that I can remember.

25. What was the best book you read? The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic and Madness at the Fair That Changed America- Absolutely fabulous. I'm also really enjoying the Game of Thrones series.

26. What was your favorite film of this year?
Can't think of one.

27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?

Boots, long sweaters and leggings. Forever and Ever Amen.

28. Whom did you miss?
Josh's great grandma actually. She passed away November of 2010 and all of the birthdays and holidays this year just weren't the same without her.

29. Who was the best new person you met?
A lot of the lovely ladies that I chat with on the TTC boards on WB. They've helped me get through so much this year.

30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Not to let comparison ruin my joy. I struggled with it all year but I think I've really improved in this regard. It's something that I'm still working on though.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh this is a good idea. I should've stolen this from you for my Goodbye 2011 post! :)

    ReplyDelete