Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Back to the grind

Christmas was wonderful. I so enjoy having time off work to spend with Josh. During the workweek we don't get a lot of time together in the evenings so we really cherish the weekends.

The holiday weekend included lots of food, lots of family and lots of excitement for the future. Even Josh mentioned more than once about how hopefully next year will be filled with new traditions that include a little one. Hearing him say those things and knowing that he thinks about it too warms my heart.

We were able to spend quality time with all 3 "branches" of our family and I'm so thankful for that.

We also decided that we're adopting a puppy! I can't wait to be a puppy mommy and I really couldn't be more excited. We should be getting her this weekend! Any tips on how to prepare to bring her home? She's a mastiff so she's going to grow up to be a big dog and I love that. They're supposed to be a good breed for kids so I'm hoping that by the end of 2012 she won't be our only addition to the family….which always reminds me of my favorite commercial, this one.

I also had my 7DPO bloodwork done yesterday (just one day late…on 8DPO) and I had a really long conversation with the phlebotomist. She asked me if I was trying to get pregnant because of the tests I was getting done and when I said yes she just opened up to me. She's been trying to get pregnant for 10 years, only seeking medical intervention during this past year though. I could tell that she was just dying to talk it through with someone and she really opened up. We chatted about all different kinds of meds and hormone levels and it felt good to talk it all out with someone face to face. It's the first time I've bonded over these issues with anyone in real life and it was actually kind of nice. Hopefully we'll find out the results today, I'm crossing my fingers for a high progesterone number!

I hope that everyone had a good weekend and that you were all able to be with your loved ones. I have a whole post to recap my acupuncture experience (and what an experience it was!), it's coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment