Monday, January 16, 2012

Ways I distract myself so I don't become obsessive compulsive

Yesterday morning I woke up and POAS (pee'd on a stick). It was a negative OPK but still really dark. My temperature didn't go up so I knew that I hadn't ovulated. I don't do well with this part of the cycle. This is the part that, even more than the two week wait, brings out my inner crazy. How did I handle the rest of the day?

I went on a run. 

I went to church and lunch with Josh and my father-in-law and my 2 brothers in law.

 We came home and I pee'd on a stick...again. 


I turned on the movie Julie and Julia to distract myself. Unfortunately I'd forgotten that the movie had an underlying infertility theme. It really only depressed me.

 I gave myself a DIY mani-pedi.



I went on Facebook. That was a huge fail because one of my friends had just posted a 30 picture pregnancy album that included ultrasound pictures, a maternity shoot and pictures from their recent babymoon. I may have thrown my phone across the room more than once.

I cried. I did. I had a complete emotional breakdown while analyzing pictures of OPKs and blowing on my nails trying to help them dry.

I ran again. While we were wedding planning and I'd get extremely stressed out all I'd really need was a run. Afterward I'd feel much better. I figured it was worth a try but it didn't work this time. Shoot.

I gave up trying to distract myself, made dinner (breakfast!!!) and watched a comedian (Jim Gaffigan) with Josh. I laughed so hard that I cried and somewhere in the middle my funk just lifted off my shoulders and I'd gotten through the worst.

This morning I took my temperature and it's still pre-ovulation so I'm positive that it hasn't happened yet. I also POAS (shocking...) and the OPK is still pretty dark so we're just waiting it out. The only thing that really worries me is that I haven't had any real CM to speak of for the past few days. I guess all I can do is wait it out now!

2 comments:

  1. Those ovulation tests drive me bonkers! I thought I would be smart and get the digital one to make things easier on me. I dont think it worked. Lol.

    I really liked your nails. What color is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha the digital ones stress me out because they are so cut and dry. I like the little cheapie ones because it helps me trick myself and I love my little delusions ;)

    It's an Essie color but I'm not sure! I'll check when I get home and let you know! I am obsessed with it!

    ReplyDelete