Monday, January 23, 2012

Things I've been up to

Last Thursday night I took the online test for Jeopardy. I'm fairly sure that I failed, even though I know almost all of the answers on the actual show. The online test questions were really hard! It was fun to hear the actual Jeopardy music while the test was going though, it made me really nervous! My heart was racing! I'm officially a nerd :)



Saturday started off with an early morning spin class and then a whole troop of us (Josh's dad, my mom, Josh's brother, my sister, Josh and I) drove up to our old house armed with cleaning supplies. The plan was to deep clean (the girls) and finish off some projects that need to get done before we can bring in a renter (the boys). Unfortunately when we arrived we found that the house had been broken into sometime during the last week. Luckily we'd moved almost everything out already but they got our Dyson vacuum (a wedding gift that I loved dearly!), our expensive food saver that Josh just had to have and we hadn't yet used, a bunch of change and some random smaller things. They'd broken a window to get in and tore apart all of the trash bags that we had in the house. Trash was all over and it was a really intimidating sight. We called the police but it took them a little over an hour to get there and we were basically in limbo until they saw everything, took pictures and checked for fingerprints. After the very nice police officer left we were able to get all of the cleaning done but we stayed up there much later than we thought we would because of the delays. It was nice to spend the day with my mom and sister though, even if it meant chatting while scrubbing tubs!

I miss our kitchen :(

Yesterday we went to church and then I went to my cousin's baby shower. That was very rough emotionally since she is due 2 weeks before my original due date. I've been feeling really anxious and emotional with the due date coming up anyway and us still not being in the middle of a pregnancy so on top of those nerves and emotions the shower was hard. My cousin is a few years older than me and almost all of her friends have kids so it was constant birth story comparisons and crazy toddler stories. I got through it though and felt like I deserved a reward so I joined my sister at Panera for a late lunch. Their BBQ chicken salad is definitely a spirit lifter.



While I was at the shower Josh and his dad went up to finish the house projects that they'd started on Saturday only to find out that we'd been broken into again overnight. They took the last of the stuff that was there along with our old BBQ. Since Josh had to deal with waiting for the police and all of that again it was a trying day for both of us.

We finished the weekend with a walk in the misty almost rain to the grocery store and back before we just collapsed into bed, exhausted. Definitely not a relaxing weekend! I also didn't ovulate, still haven't had a temperature shift and am about a hair away from an emotional breakdown about that. But we're carrying on and seeing what tomorrow brings. 

3 comments: