Monday, January 9, 2012

Just a little bit of everything

Being busy really makes the month/cycle go by SO fast it's amazing. I'm now on CD8 and feel like the cycle just started yesterday.

For most people this would be the exciting week before O where you do what you can to get some little men ready to stick. Unfortunately, I’m a late ovulater so my bet is that I still have 2 weeks before I ovulate. It tends to happen on days 21 or 22 for me and it's been fairly consistent so I'm guessing that it'll stick.

This may be TMI (isn't this whole topic??) but AF this month was different than normal. I don't know if one acupuncture session could make a difference or if it's because my progesterone is balancing out due to my thyroid straightening out but whatever did it, I'll take it. I had no spotting before, AF just showed up right on time on 15DPO first thing in the morning. I usually also spot on CD5 but this time that day was still full fledged AF. On day 6 I spotted a tiny bit in the morning but then AF was just…over. Usually I spend 1 or 2 days at the end just spotting and I was really surprised about how it all worked out this month. Hopefully it means that everything was cleaned out well so that we can build a fabulous lining this month to get a sticky bean!

On that note, I'm a pretty solid mix of absolutely terrified and excited. I kind of feel some of the early TTC excitement coming back, probably because we've had a few months off. At the same time I'm extremely jaded by both my experiences of this past year and of the experiences of so many women that I've come to "know" in this process. I feel like I was so lucky to conceive twice pretty quickly, what if our luck has run out and now we have problems with that aspect too? Josh is really optimistic and that's rubbing off but I still have a huge ball of anxiety in my gut.

At the moment I'm focusing on other things. We're still getting settled after the move and I also just joined a gym in our new town so I've been spending quite a bit of time exploring the classes there and what they have to offer. I've fallen completely in love with spin classes, I actually went to one at 5:30 this morning before work, which is completely out of character. I am not a morning person. I'm also enjoying the yoga classes that they offer but my love affair with yoga is nothing new!

This has basically just been a ramble to catch up so consider us caught up ;)

**By the way, I loved reading the responses on my diet post!! Hope, I just bought the cookbook that you mentioned in your comment and I'm so excited to try it out! Baking is one of my one true loves and I've really missed it! Amy and Toni, at first I thought I was just going to give it a few weeks to see how it felt but now it's legitimately one of the best decisions I've made during this process and it's definitely worth a try!

2 comments:

  1. I have made a few small changes to my diet within the last month. Mainly no caffiene and drinking lots of water. Last night I tried some grilled Mahi Mahi and thought I was going to puke.

    Glad you move went pretty smoothly and you guys are getting settled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad keeping busy is keeping you from stressing and that AF is changing in a good way. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you this month!

    And about that cookbook, I'm so glad you're excited about it! One more tip: you really do have to buy one of the recommended brands of almond flour for the recipes to work, but it is totally worth it IMO, plus you can get at least one of them from amazon with free shipping!

    ReplyDelete