Saturday, January 14, 2012

Things that I'm loving right now


1. These shoes. I bought them the day before Christmas when I was picking up a last minute gift for my brother in law and I've honestly been almost living in them every day since. I just cannot talk myself into wearing heels when these are the alternative. It's these or boots and that's all.


2. The book Matched by Ally Condie. Wow. I was completely sucked into this book and that hasn't  happened to me in awhile. I really enjoyed the Hunger Games series and this book seemed like a cross between that and the tried and true classic, The Giver. Apparently Matched is part of a trilogy but I've only read the first book so far. I started it earlier this week and had trouble putting it down. Luckily, since I have my handy dandy Kindle, I can download the second book in the trilogy right away and I plan on doing that a little later this afternoon after I finish up some things around the house.

3. Spin. I know I've mentioned it quite a few times lately but it's one of my new favorite workouts. After experimenting with some different instructors this week my sister and I have decided that we definitely have a favorite. Since we don't want our running to lose any steam because of spin we've decided to go to spin twice a week (the days that our favorite instructor teaches) as a little treat. 

 4. Being in the same town as our families. Last week we were able to go to my mom's house to celebrate my brother's birthday without worrying about having to drive home on a work night. We were able to go out with Josh's family to celebrate his sister's birthday (January is a big birthday month for our family). It's so nice to be able to spend more time with them. It really energizes us.

.


5. Pinterest. Some days I get sucked in for just hours! It's like this beautiful perfect world where all food is delicious and your home/outfits are perfectly color coordinated, classy and DIY! There's no other place where you can find a great cookbook recommendation, words to calm your soul or a recipe suggestion that changes your dinner plans in a split second.

6. This quiet weekend. We only have 1 plan for this weekend and that is church tomorrow morning. Today we were planning on going up to clean our house before we show it to potential renters but that was rescheduled to next weekend due to truck/extra manpower availability leaving us with a free day. Josh is working on projects around the house with his dad while I am tidying everything up, doing some laundry and hopefully jumping into the Matched sequel. We may go catch a movie tonight since we have some theater gift cards from Christmas but we may not...and that's okay. Having no plans is the perfect plan in my eyes for this weekend.

Just in case we go to the movies, does anyone have a good recommendation? I saw We Bought A Zoo with my sister last weekend and LOVED it! I'm tempted to encourage Josh to take me to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D...

1 comment:

  1. I *loved* Matched! I just started Crossed (the second book in the trilogy) and it's pretty good so far, too. I agree with you about Matched being a cross between The Giver and The Hunger Games. It really made me think, which I liked. :-)

    Enjoy your quiet weekend.

    ReplyDelete