Friday, October 21, 2011

The PLAN

My doctor appointment yesterday went wonderfully and I’m so glad that I was able to see her so soon! Here's a quick recap…
 
1. Obviously back to back miscarriages reflects a greater issue so she wants to test all of my hormones throughout a normal, non-pregnant cycle to get a baseline so we know what I need. She'll be testing progesterone, estrogen, vitamin D, thyroid, etc. Basically anything that could be having any effect on my fertility. 
 
3. My doctor thinks that what is happening is that my body produces enough progesterone for the egg to implant but the progesterone isn't rising quickly enough so I don't have a strong enough implantation for the pregnancy to "hold."
 
4. She's starting me on a medicine to help the auto-immune aspect of my PCOS. It should help decrease inflammation.
 
5. The mucinex that I was taking twice a day last month really helped so I'm just going to continue with that and my B6 regimen.

She's very confident that after this month of testing she'll have the information that she needs to get us a sticky baby. This plan means that we will be trying NOT to conceive this cycle and I'm actually really okay with that and so is Josh. It kind of feels like a month of relief from the constant stress and wondering.

We're going to refocus on our relationship and getting as healthy as we can so that we can have a fabulous environment to try to get pregnant on my next cycle.

The way that the timing works out my next cycle should begin mid-late November and it looks like if everything works as planned we could be testing for another pregnancy right before Christmas. Finally getting a take home baby would be the best present ever I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment