Monday, October 24, 2011

Giving Myself a New Focus

Since we're taking the month off so that we can make sure our next baby is a sticky one I decided that I need projects/new things to focus on to make it be a productive and fast-moving month!

I'm running a half-marathon relay with my sister on November 6th. Earlier this year I started training for a full marathon and this marathon in my hometown was set to be it. When I got pregnant in June those training plans rightly flew out the window. Then I miscarried and Josh and I decided that we were going to make starting a family our priority. I knew that I needed to scale back my running but I was determined to continue with it on a smaller scale. Then I ended up in a really long cycle that resulted in a 3 week period of me thinking I could be pregnant. I was paranoid and scared about running so I stopped. When my last cycle started I began running again but my endurance had really declined and, again, I cut back during the two week wait and even more when I found out I was indeed pregnant. Since I was feeling so yucky last week it was the last thing on my mind. So this race is my jump back into the ring. I'm only running a 5.4 mile stretch which is so much less than the original 26.2 miles I was planning on running but it's a step in the right direction and I know that I can do it. I'm hoping to keep my mileage at around 5 mile runs after the race so that when I get pregnant again I feel comfortable doing shorter runs as long as I can.

I've decided to challenge myself to incorporate something I've pinned on Pinterest into my life every day. I'm so addicted to the online inspiration board that I've pinned so many things from recipes to craft projects to workouts and I don't want all of those ideas to just go to waste! So starting today I want to do at least one thing from my Pinterest boards per day for 1 month (at least). I'll be sure to document all of the fun on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment