Saturday, October 8, 2011

Broke on HPTs

Hide the tests!!!!

I have no self control when it comes to taking pregnancy test. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

For the past few months when "that time" is coming up I find any excuse to head over to Target on my lunch hour. Even though I tell myself I'm going there for other things (a quick sweater, some trail mix, honey for Josh's daily peanut butter/honey sandwiches) I always ended up somehow wandering into the "Family Planning" aisle. Hmmmm I have no idea how that happened :)

Pregnancy tests are expensive…and they add up. Quick.

(Just a little sampling of what we went through last cycle....except mentally add about...5 more expensive sticks and 20 more internet cheapies ;))

Last month I solved our problem. Josh was thrilled when I came home and told him I'd been doing some research and I'd found somewhere online where I could buy pregnancy tests in bulk (50 at a time!!) for a little under $10. He could not have been more thrilled. I'm pretty sure he thought that we were going to go broke from buying tests (of course, only the most accurate early response tests were acceptable to me at that point and they get very expensive).

So now I have him hide them from me so that I don't get tempted. I search and search and search (isn't that part of the fun???) but he's so good at hiding them that I never find them. It's like looking for your presents at Christmas-time and we both have a lot of fun with it. It also saves us both from the emotional distress I go through when just one line pops up.

We always have a set day when he can release a test (or 2 ;)) to me and right now that day is 3 days away. I'm waiting patiently on the edge of my seat!

P.S. Even though Josh was excited about the price of the bulk HPTs....not so much after he found out I overnighted them which cost like twice the amount of the actual tests. Oops!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, that sounds like something I would've done. I refuse to buy the expensive ones, though. I can't handle the disappointment on a $12 stick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I know exactly what tests you're talking about, and probably the same site-- I'm the same way with taking tests when I think there's even the slightest chance of me being pregnant, so this has save us a LOT of money :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally had the hubs hide my internet cheapies too. But then he told me where they were and now I have unfettered access to them. :| I have POAS 2x in the past 24 hrs and I am just 9DPO... might have to have him hide them again!

    ReplyDelete