Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pinterest-ing It Up: Day One!

I made yesterday the first day of my Pinterest-a-day challenge and it was ohhh so successful! I wanted to start with a recipe because….well, Josh and I have to eat anyway! With everything going on lately I've been falling into an easy food, just heat it up rut and this is just what I needed to jump on out of it.

 

I headed over to my Recipes board for inspiration and the first thing that jumped out at me was this recipe for roasted parmesan potatoes that I practically drooled over when I first pinned them. I made one little tweak…I used sweet potatoes instead. I always talk Josh into buying a crate of sweet potatoes when we go to Costco and I always have grand intentions of using them in bunches of delectable recipes and they always end up growing in our cupboard until they're at the point of no return and I throw them out. We bought a new crate on Sunday and I'm determined to use them all before we get any growth!

This recipe was easy and delicious! Josh and I have recently become obsessed with sweet potato fries and these tasted like perfectly cooked sweet potato fries but in cubed form. They were crispy on the outside and a little soft but fully cooked on the inside. Heaven!

Since I was feeling adventurous I used another Pinterest recipe for the chicken which also came out deliciously. Apparently I cannot follow a recipe without changing something because I switched out the mustard for BBQ sauce. Josh doesn't like mustard and I am not a huge fan either but we are BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's to be precise) addicts. I baked the chicken at the same time as the sweet potatoes and they ended right on time together. The chicken was moist and another hit!

Pinterest-2!

Tonight I'm going to try out an ab workout that I pinned, fingers crossed that I remember to breathe (That's always my problem during abs. Josh has to remind me to breathe…oops!).

No comments:

Post a Comment