Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Progesterone Update


Just a little refresher. On April 13th when I was still on both PIO injections twice a week and daily prometrium suppositories my progesterone was at 59. That was a Friday and on the next Thursday I had my last PIO shot. I weaned down after that and was completely off progesterone by Tuesday, April 24th. I had my blood drawn on Friday, April 27th and it had dropped to 37.4.

Because of that drop I went back on prometrium suppositories last Monday, April 30th. I didn't take a suppository this past Sunday and I had my blood drawn again this past Monday. I got the results back yesterday and my progesterone was at 32.something. I talked to my doctor last night and she said to keep taking the prometrium every other day and that we'll re-test next Friday. I asked her if the drop was still "safe" and she said that it was since I'm still in the average range.

I'm surprisingly not freaked out about this at all. For all of you who know how progesterone works how does that number sound? Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I'm new to the world of progesterone testing (just had my 7 dpo test today!) so I can't offer any wisdom. Just sending you positive thoughts and vibes and all that good stuff :)
    -mrslilybugg

    ReplyDelete