Wednesday, May 9, 2012

How far along? 17 Weeks. 7 weeks to go until viability!

Total weight gain: 11 pounds. Baby had a growth spurt this week but I’m feeling like quite the chub!

Maternity clothes? All the time and loving it. One of my new favorites is a pair of shorts that I bought online from Destination Maternity. They're white linen and drawstring so they fit below the bump and they make me still feel kind of cute which is a plus in my book.

Stretch marks? Not yet.

Sleep: I'm sleeping like a rock. Sometimes I don't even wake up to Josh's alarm (which goes off 2 hours before mine).

Best moment this week:  On Saturday night we had dinner at my parents' house. My grandparents were there and my Uncle was visiting from out of town. I brought the doppler over with me and after dinner we all crowded into the living room, I laid down in the living room and we listened to the baby's heartbeat. It was such a special moment. My uncle, grandpa and dad were all hanging over the side of the couch, margaritas in one hand (it was Cinco de Mayo after all) and their iPhones in the other hand, recording baby. Since my grandma can't hear very well they turned the volume up on the videos they recorded and held it by her ear so that she could hear baby too. And all the while Josh was next to me, beaming like a proud daddy.


 

Miss Anything? Nothing.

Movement: I think so. I felt some bubbles last Wednesday and Thursday I felt what seemed like a pretty firm kick. It's just been bubbles and flutters off and on since then.

Food cravings: Nothing in particular this week. Last night I had a crazy all of a sudden craving for chocolate chip cookies but I just went to sleep instead of making them. That may be on the menu for dessert tonight.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Chicken. I gagged on it this past Friday. And I thought I was doing better…oh well.

Gender: Less than a week until we know for sure and I CANNOT wait.

Labor Signs: Nope.

Symptoms: Heartburn, sore boobs, extreme hunger! (same as last week)

Belly Button in or out? In but not deep deep in anymore.

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Still happy but with more emotional breakdowns. I've had 3 in the past week and one came out of nowhere while I was on the phone with my mom yesterday. Oops.

Looking forward to: Finding out baby's gender and getting to see the little one again!

1 comment:

  1. I love that the whole family gathered around to listen to the baby! Cute photo.

    ReplyDelete