Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Fun: Nursery Ideas!!

We don't have a house of our own right now (other than the one that we're desperately trying to rent out) I've been dreaming about our baby's nursery since we heard the baby's heartbeat (before that I was way too scared…I'm still actually kind of freaked out about it!). Hopefully we'll have somewhere soon where I can start implementing these dreams because nesting has begun to hit and I have nowhere to nest!!

Unfortunately the ideas that I have for our nursery are not totally original and my favorite nursery colors have all of a sudden become REALLY popular for nurseries but I’m sticking with it. It feels like when I was planning my wedding…it seemed like online on all of the blogs and inspiration sites that I looked at people were doing things similar to what we were doing (cupcakes instead of wedding cake, etc.) but I haven't seen any of the same things at weddings that we've been to in real life. It's the same with the nursery, I feel like it's been done a million times but none of my friends in real life have nurseries even close to what I’m thinking. So I'm trying to let myself be okay with it.

Anyway here's the actual concept. Grey and yellow with pops of pink or blue/green. I'm thinking white walls with big grey stripes and a VERY pale yellow ceiling, preferably with a white ceiling fan. I'm planning on white furniture and mixing patterns incorporating those colors. We're also going to accent with different zoo animal type things (even though that's not the theme). For example, I'd really like something giraffe-y and I'm dying for the white elephant hamper below.

Instead of trying to explain, let me show you :) These are my main inspiration pictures. Thank God for Pinterest.












6 comments:

  1. I love your nursery colors. I was thinking teal blue white and black with little pink or yellow accent colors. It sounds like you and I are in the same boat; stuck dreaming about the nursery instead of actually getting to work on it. Mr. F and I are trying to sell our 1 bedroom condo and move to the 'burbs. Good luck on finding a renter and moving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of those color combinations :)Good luck selling! We're kind of stuck trying to find people right now but hopefully it picks up for both of us!

      Delete
  2. I'm doing the gray and yellow thing for our nursery, too! Haha. Further more providing proof that it is becoming super popular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're actually thinking very similar colors...I want grey and light (minty) green with shades of pink or blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone is looking for best of best decoration for their nursery, so do I. All above images are so lovely and hope who will get these things will be lovely so. I would love to have the some pieces of furniture as shown above for matching my existing white furniture . Anyway, thanks for sharing this beautiful post with beautiful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete