Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Little fingers and little toes

This afternoon we had our anatomy scan. Going into it I was terrified. Thoughts like....What if since my OB never actually measures the baby isn't growing and we just didn't notice yet? What if my cervix all of a sudden became stinted? What if one of the organs is growing wrong? 

Luckily, none of these things actually happened. Baby is measuring either right on or ahead (I'm 18w6d and his head is measuring at over 20 weeks....oh gosh) and he is adorable. Josh was able to come with me and for the whole half hour ultrasound we were basically mesmerized. At one point the tech switched to 3D and we got to see him sucking his thumb, trying to put his hand in his mouth, rubbing his eyes and doing contortionist tricks with his feet going over his head. He's basically adorable :) 

After the tech took a bunch of pictures and checked everything out the perinatologist came in and went over everything. I told her about my progesterone/cervix fears and she basically called me one of "those" worrying patients. Oddly, that made me feel better. She thinks that I have no reason to worry.

All in all, it's been a good day. And here's our little fella :)


6 comments:

  1. Oh D. Is it bad that I'm totally in love with your baby boy? He's adorable already.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a cutie! So glad everything checked out perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so adorable! I'm so glad everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a relief to find that he is perfect! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete