Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
It'll be 3 years this June, 2 weeks before our 1 year anniversary :)



2. How did you meet? {What’s your “love” story?}
We were actually both working for a sales company. I was a manager and he was a sales rep in a different office. All of the offices in our region would get together for conferences and I first saw him at a mixer. I went up and introduced myself and gave him my number because "I'd heard really good things about his sales numbers and was interested in going training with him in the field." Yeahhhh, suuuure! That was in December. I saw him again and we spoke a little more at a conference in late January. The next time I saw him was at an out of state event in May. For some reason he completely clicked with me that time and we started communicating through text pretty often. The next month he transferred into my office (he graduated college and was moving back to our hometown), we went out and the rest is history.




3. If married, how long have you been married?
Almost 8 months, our 1 year anniversary is June 19th of this year.



4. Where did you get married? Big or small wedding?
We got married at a country club right outside Yosemite National Park.  There were around 130 people there and it was perfect for us. I still wouldn't change a thing about that day.



 5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
His older sister calls him Joshy so I started calling him that when we first got together as a joke and that's what I've called him ever since. He wanted to come up with a nickname for me that rhymed with Joshy and started calling me Elley. Now my family even calls me Elley!



6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
How laid back he is. I am so off kilter sometimes and he's the only person who has ever been able to help me calm down, come back to reality and focus on what's important. I am his priority (as he is mine). I never worry about him considering me or my feelings because there has never been a circumstance when he hasn't and he is always focused on providing for me and our future family. He can always make me laugh.



7. Tell us how he proposed?
He took me out to the Nutcracker ballet (he'd never been and ended up HATING it) and a fancy dinner. He proposed right before dessert. Sidenote: We're actually going to the same restaurant where we got engaged for dinner to celebrate Valentine's Day this Sunday!



8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
LOL neither! He told me happy valentine's day this morning and he's picking me up a gluten free cupcake from my favorite bakery and he's taking me out to dinner this Sunday but our main plans are dinner in and a movie tonight. We aren't big surprise people.



9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I think the previous question answers this one too! I'd definitely appreciate a sunset dinner on the beach every once in a while but my favorite nights are our dinner and movie nights in.



10. Tell us one thing you’d like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Raise a family. Hopefully we'll be able to get started on that in a little under 8 months ;) I'd love to take him to Europe. I went once in my teens but he's never been and I'd really like to experience that first with him.



11. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment