Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Doctor's Appointment Update and Cuteness Overload

Today I am 4 weeks 4 days and this morning I had my first "pregnancy" appointment with my doctor. I've had the same doctor since I was 16. She diagnosed me with PCOS and has been dealing with my fertility issues amongst all of my other issues for quite a while now. She specializes in NaproTechnology and I trust her with my whole heart.

We went over my 2 bloodtest results. She told me what my TSH was on my 7DPO lab (1.49) which I'd forgotten to ask when I was hounding her office for my HCG numbers. Basically I'm supposed to keep on keeping on. I'm under strict instructions to not discontinue any of my medications/supplements and to text her if I ever have any spotting or EWCM (which can apparently be a sign of falling progesterone). I had the earliest pregnancy confirmation that she's ever seen, with my bloodtest coming up positive at 7DPO and confirmed at 11DPO and she was over the moon about it.

My doctor also gave me the name of an OB that she's worked with before. Apparently his wife is one of her Napro patients so she said that he won't think I'm crazy with all of my charts, thank goodness. She didn't remember where his office was located but I called right after I left her office to schedule an appointment with him and apparently he sees patients with a medical group that is located less than 3 minutes away from the house! What a blessing! AND they were able to schedule me an appointment with him for next Wednesday morning.

Hopefully I'll be able to talk him into an U/S in about 2 weeks to check for a heartbeat and ease my mind :)

And this is what has been making my heart melt all day.



 We spent Sunday at my mom's house with my best friend and her 2 kids and at one point her 4 month old fell asleep in Josh's arms. How dreamy.

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. I was reading through your post yesterday and wondering how you were. Hearing the heartbeat will be amazing, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I reallllly hope we get to that point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you! :D Yay for Drs who "get" us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life


    Patient Appointment Scheduling

    ReplyDelete