Monday, February 27, 2012

Still in Limbo

I have still been laying low but I want to update everyone on what we're dealing with over here.

I didn't get my beta results on Friday, I called the doctor's office and they didn't have them yet. The nurse explained that they usually don't call patients with results unless something comes up abnormal or the doctor is concerned. At that point I decided to trust that it was going to be okay and just let go of everything. I hadn't spotted since Tuesday and I was feeling pretty confident since we'd started the progesterone injections.

I was feeling really good...until I started spotting again on Saturday morning. The spotting hasn't stopped since.  It's really light...no red, etc.  Even though I know that so many normal pregnancies include spotting and go on to produce healthy babies but spotting has always led to heartache for me so it's been really hard for me to not see it as something extremely negative.

This morning my doctor told me that since the injections haven't resolved the issue I should use the suppositories every day along with the injections every three days. My next blood test to check progesterone is on Friday and my next actual appointment with the OB isn't until next Wednesday. I'm just really hoping that we make it to that point. Until then, we're still taking things day by day.

Any positive thoughts that you can send this way would really be appreciated, I'm very scared.

6 comments:

  1. Definitely sending you positive thoughts. It sounds like your doctor is monitoring you fairly closely at this point, but spotting is scary, no mater what. Fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rooting for you and hope you get some reassurance on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know its hard to hear that some spotting in pretty common in early pregnancy, especially after miscarriages. I am thinking about you and it does sound like you have a great doctor that is really intune with your situation. I hope your ob appointment gets here quickly and gives you great news that little one is doing wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you are spotting and I hope it's just one of those total normal pregnancies other people have!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping to hear good news from you soon. Positive thoughts and prayers headed your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're in my thoughts! Sending prayers your way for peace and good news!

    ReplyDelete