Thursday, February 2, 2012

Helping Implantation Along

Now that I'm 5DPO I'm thinking about implantation. I'm doing a few things differently this cycle to kind of help my body make this happen!

From 5-9DPO I am doubling my dose of progesterone. I'll be taking 2 200mg prometriums vaginally. After 9DPO I go back to 1 until 12DPO. I'm a little nervous about going back to 1. I'm worried that it'll cause my progesterone to drop (obviously) and doom me. Thoughts?

Topical progesterone cream is something else I'm utilizing this month. I'm using this brand that I purchased at Whole Foods and I started using it at 2DPO. I apply twice a day.

I am eating for implantation. Basically I'm just working to keep the majority of foods that I eat on the alkaline side of the PH scale. Studies have found that sperm thrive in an alkaline environment and I'm trying to give that to them…even if it means abandoning some of my normal staples of cashews, oatmeal and honey. This is the main site that I've been using most for reference but there are quite a few out there.

I have been sleeping with a heating pad on my stomach. My mom got me a great pink heating pad for Christmas and it's been getting a lot of use around our house. If we're just sitting around watching TV or something I'll use it then too.

Per Making Babies I've also been focusing on eating more warm foods. If I do eat something cold (like a salad) I'll eat something warm along with it (like a baked potato).

2 comments:

  1. I'd actually nix the heating pad, heating pads are no-nos while pregnant and I can't imagine them being ok trying to conceive because they create an environment that is too hot for the embryo.

    Good luck with all the diet and progesterone though, hope it brings you good things this month!

    ReplyDelete