Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Scared.

I've been kind of flying under the radar this past weekend/week. We accomplished a lot and were able to get some really nice rest over what was a 3 day weekend for Josh and I but it had it's share of stress.

On Thursday night while at my MIL's house I went to the bathroom and noticed some stretchy CM (I think I'm destined to be vigilant about checking the TP for the rest of my life). My doctor told me at my appointment last week to let her know if I ever had any as it could be a sign that my progesterone was dropping. Like the paranoid person that I am I texted her right away and she told me that she was pretty sure it was just leftover from implantation but sent me in for bloodwork on Friday morning. I'm not supposed to take my prometrium the night before bloodwork but I did anyway because I didn't want that to affect what could already be my natural progesterone dropping.

Saturday morning I noticed a different tinge on the TP when I wiped, not exactly spotting but not quite right. I checked my cervix internally and found some brown-tinged CM (I'm pretty sure that I passed the TMI point awhile ago…oh well!). I of course freaked out. This was how both of my past MCs started and the memories just came flooding back. I texted my doctor and she was able to pull up my bloodtest results on her laptop. My progesterone was at 22 which was higher than it was last time I was tested but she said that it was a little low for someone who was on progesterone supplements already. She upped my dosage on the prometrium daily and told me to let her know in a few days if the spotting didn't stop.

After getting worse Saturday afternoon the spotting slowed down and eventually stopped on Sunday afternoon. I went to a baby shower and out to dinner with Josh. I felt nauseous all day and took it as a good sign. Monday was also spot free and I started to breathe again. We bought a new car with more space and just had a relaxed, laidback day off together…until I had some EWCM again last night.

Andddd the spotting is back today. Still barely there, still only really noticable with an internal check but still worrisome. I talked to my doctor and she called in an order for injectable progesterone which should be here by Friday so we'll just sit tight until then.

Luckily my first appointment with the OB is tomorrow so hopefully that will be a little more reassuring!

8 comments:

  1. Are you going to take the progesterone oil? I definitely think the injectable progesterone will work better and hopefully make you feel better about your levels. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe so. All she told me was that they were injectables, I'm assuming it's the oil! I think they'll work a lot better too. Come onnnn Friday!

      Delete
  2. Just remember that a lot of women (without your issues) have spotting that turns out to be totally normal. (I won't say not to worry, because that's obviously impossible.) I hope that the upped Prometrium does the trick. I will be thinking about you and sending you lots of positive sticky thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((Hugs))) Thinking of you. I hope your appointment tomorrow goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow and here's hoping that upping your progesterone is all you need to make the spotting stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeping my fingers crossed for you...good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete