Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Results #1 Are In!

First of all, thank you everyone for the well wishes!!! I really appreciate all of the positive thoughts :)

I called my nurse again this morning to make sure she got the voicemail that I left her and she told me that the results from Saturday hadn't posted yet. Darn. As I was sitting at my desk anxiously stewing I had an epiphany....this nurse has worked with me for years and usually my lab slips are under my maiden name. This time my doctor had written down my married name. I just knew that the nurse wasn't checking for my new last name. And I was right. I called her back right away and she was able to pull up the results immediately.

So these are the results from Saturday's bloodwork. I was undeniably 7DPO, as confirmed by temperatures, OPKs and my chart.

Progesterone - 19.4
I've never had a progesterone result that high before. I didn't take prometrium the night before the bloodwork so that score is almost all of my natural progesterone, that's great news. When the nurse read that number off to me I started crying.

TSH - Perfect. She didn't tell me the exact number but she said that it was perfect and the doctor had no concerns about it.

HCG - 12.....at 7DPO!!! 
 When Josh picked up the lab slip from my doctor last week and I saw that she'd marked HCG to check I laughed. I thought that there was no way any HCG would show up at 7DPO. Heck, normal implantation doesn't even occur until around or after 7DPO. This result thrilled me and confirmed my initial suspicion that implantation took place probably on Friday.

I'm supposed to continue taking my medications (thyroid, vitamin D supplement, B6, iron supplement, prenatals, naltrexone and prometrium) and I have a beta scheduled for tomorrow. I'm not supposed to take prometrium tonight so that my test tomorrow won't be affected by it and that honestly makes me a little nervous but we're going with it! I'm hoping to find a lab that opens early in the morning so I can get it done before work and get the results tomorrow afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic news! Can't wait to see your beta results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While this is all wonderful news I'm really feeling for you because you know all of this WAY too early! You just added a week of worry you poor thing, what did you do?! ;-)

    But in all seriousness, congratulations and sending you lovely sticky thoughts!

    ReplyDelete