Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday (Literally)

Sometimes, especially during the whole TTC process, it's easy to feel like you have nothing to be thankful for. There are some really hard days where you can't exactly be a ray of sunshine. Today I'm feeling especially grateful and I'm trying to savor this feeling and keep it because I really do have a wonderful life that I'm absolutely loving.

I'm thankful for the strength of Josh and my relationship. Our first 6 months of marriage haven't exactly been all rainbows and kittens. We found out I was pregnant right away, I miscarried, we dealt with that, we went through testing, I got pregnant again and miscarried right away and now we're in the middle of a miserably long month off. But I can honestly say that the past 6 months have been the best of my life. Every emotional breakdown, every test result, every doctor's appointment have made Josh and I stronger as a couple. I'm happier than ever that I can call him my husband and I have more faith than ever before that this is definitely the real deal for us.

I'm thankful for my family. My parents, Josh's parents, our siblings and grandparents. Every single one of them has supported us in some way during this past year. Whether it was through spending every weekend from January to June making cupcakes so the ones for our wedding were guaranteed to be perfect or waiting in the waiting room for me to get out of a doctor's appointment so I didn't have to be there alone or driving an hour and a half to eat puppy chow and watch a Pretty Little Liars marathon with me or even something like a hug every single one of their supportive gestures have meant so much to me. I'm so blessed to have all of them.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I thought that it may be harder this year, just because of the circumstances we've been dealing with  but I'm loving it more than ever. Sometimes all that I need is the opportunity and reason to step back and be happy with the life that I'm living right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment