Friday, November 25, 2011

So those Reese's stuffed Orea things....

...Were the biggest hit of Thanksgiving!!! Sure, the dipping into chocolate was a complete pain (I ended up just doing it with my fingers because apparently I'm not coordinated enough to use salad tongs) but it was SO worth it. Every single one was eaten.

They were great fuel for Black Friday shopping! Ever since we moved in together Josh and I have made it a transition to do the crazy Black Friday thing. This was our third year and I am really a fan of the stores opening up late Thursday night instead of waiting until 4 or 5am on Friday. We were home by 2:30 and actually able to get some good sleep.

Josh and I left his dad's house at 10pm to see what Wal Mart was like. Well, it was terrifying. I'm not a huge fan of Wal Mart under even everyday circumstances and we very rarely shop there (Target, for the win!) but Josh won a $300 gift card through work and there was a killer deal on laptops. My laptop suffered an untimely death a few months ago so the laptop situation was our priority #1. However, when we realized that Wal Mart was an absolute madhouse we left and decided to go stand in line to get into the Mothership (Target of course) when they opened at 12. We waited in line for almost 45 minutes, got in almost immediately and nabbed a kindle (YAY) and a cute little faux leather bomber jacket for my sister.

After that we made a quick stop at Macy's to pre-order a Fossil watch for 25% off. I saw said watch on Pinterest (aka crack) about 3 weeks ago and have been a woman possessed since. I'll be able to pick it up on Wednesday and I'm counting down the days.

Since it was 1am when we left Macy's we decided to give Wal Mart one more shot. Luckily there was no longer a line wrapping around outside just to get in so we walked in and stood in line inside instead. I don't deal with stupid crowds well but we ended up getting the laptop and getting out alive so that's really all that matters. 

Today has been a day of relaxation, setting up the new electronics and cleaning my father in law's kitchen. I commandeered it yesterday to make the Oreo Delights (my brother in law's name for the Reese's Stuffed Oreos) and it looked like a chocolate war zone.

Did you brave the crowds last night/this morning?? If you did, what great deals were you able to pick up?

No comments:

Post a Comment