Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Dessert Lady

I'm not sure how it happened but I've been unofficially deemed the dessert lady when it comes down to bringing things to holidays/family functions.

Well, that's a lie. I may know how it happened. You see, I have a bit of a sweet tooth and I love experimenting so one of these may have done it...

Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Homemade Crumb Donuts...to die for!

Chocolate Souffle

I've also dabbled in cakeballs, all kinds of cookies, vegan baking, pumpkin breads, banana breads, zucchini breads....

I guess it's pretty obvious why I have to bring dessert to Thanksgivings (all 3 of them!) this year. But I'm having a hard time deciding what to make. The all-time favorite was for sure cake balls. Last Thanksgiving I made them in 3 flavors- strawberry, spice and yellow cake. They're going to be hard to live up to this year. 

I had high hopes of making the cake that I mentioned in this post but I'm having second thoughts. Now I'm trying to decide between....

A) Salted Caramel Pie - Recipe and picture below from Big Apple Nosh

B) Reese's Stuffed OreosRecipe and picture below from Little Bit Funky

C) Caramel Apple Pie Cupcakes -Recipe and picture below from The Craving Chronicles

Which one do you think I should attempt??







1 comment:

  1. Reeses stuffed oreos...drool!

    I became the dessert lady with hubby's family, but not my own, lol. My Mom is the dessert lady in our family! And I'm apparently becoming the dessert lady among my new military friends since when I was invited to a friend's house for Thanksgiving she said, "and you'll bake something, right? I'm too lazy to back a pie from scratch!" So today I made dough for dinner rolls and tomorrow morning I'm an apple pie!

    BTW - just found your blog on Hello Bee, I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete