Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tiny footwear


I made my first actual "for the baby" purchase today and it is totally freaking me out!

So far I've bought stretch mark cream, some maternity clothes (mostly dresses and tunics that I knew that I could wear still after the pregnancy or if something was to go wrong) but I hadn't bought anything that would be for the baby instead of just for a pregnant me.

The reason I even bit the bullet this early (10 and a half weeks) instead of waiting until we find out the baby's gender (which is the milestone I'd pretty much pegged as when I'd feel okay buying baby things) is because in the past week I've been dying to take a pregnancy announcement picture for once we hit the 2nd tri…which is coming up quickly! I would really like my mother in law to take the picture. My husband and my iphone have been working fine for our weekly "bump" pictures but for this one something a little nicer looking is necessary in my opinion. My mother in law has a fancy camera and is able to very skillfully take fancy pictures.

The picture I've had in mind is one that I've seen in different variations on Pinterest multiple times. Mommy feet standing next to Daddy feet next to tiny baby shoes. Since we'll be going public around Easter I wanted to use baby bunny slippers/shoes. Since we're going over to my mother in law's house tomorrow for dinner and we'd have the perfect opportunity to take the picture the shoes needed to be bought.

Soooooo….I ordered these. Are they not the cutest thing ever? After we take the picture I'll probably put them on a shelf in the nursery (once we have a nursery, of course) since the baby probably won't be able to wear them for quite awhile.

I have these little thoughts wondering if this will be what "jinxes" it but what's done is done!

2 comments:

  1. You can't go through the whole pregnancy worrying about jinxing it. It's out of your hands if something happens. It's a fear that I'll have with our next one, the entire time.

    However, I have faith that you guys are going to be fine! I'm so happy for you and will keeping looking for updates and an announcement soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh fun! A pregnancy announcement picture! Are you going to mail them out? Or is this like a facebook thing? There are a pair of cute little shoes on Etsy that I have been DYING to buy, but as I have yet to even see a "second line" on an HPT I'm scared of jinxing things.

    P.S. I tried to look at the little shoes but the link didn't work!

    http://mrslilly.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete