Tuesday, March 20, 2012

9 Weeks...and some change

How far along? 9 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain: 4 pounds. Hoping the number at the doctor's office tomorrow isn't scary! I don't like being weighed fully clothed...that is NOT how I weigh myself at home and the difference is a *little* alarming.
Maternity clothes? I wore my maternity jeans last Friday and they were lovely. Other than that it's mostly leggings and dresses.
Stretch marks? None yet. Still applying my cream religiously.
Sleep: As much as possible! The only problem is that I can't seem to sleep in on the weekends and that leaves me a little sleepy and falling asleep early.
Best moment this week: Sunday family lunch at my mom's house. My best friend was there with her 2 kids (2 and 4 months), my older cousin was there with her 2 kids (2 and 2 months) and my same age cousin was there with her 4 month old. We spent almost all afternoon playing musical babies...rocking them to sleep, feeding them, bouncing them around. It was fabulous.
Miss Anything? Still running but just a little now. Josh and I have been walking every day and it's really helping me feel more active.
Movement: Too early for that!
Food cravings: Chocolate chip cookies. I made some mint chocolate chip cookies to take to my mom's on Sunday and I sampled quite a bit of the freshly baked cookies. Oops!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still applesauce and most of the time chicken.
Gender: Still leaning toward boy.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Still evening nausea and morning nausea (that usually results in me throwing up...I never throw up at night. Interesting.), huge and tender boobs, exhaustion, extreme cravings (if I crave it I need it RIGHT AWAY) and I'm incredibly emotional
Belly Button in or out? Deep deep in.
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Still happy most of the time. Fingers crossed!
Looking forward to: Ultrasound with Josh tomorrow afternoon!!!! I'm also really looking forward to Thursday night. We bought midnight showing tickets to see The Hunger Games. It'll be Josh and I plus almost all of our siblings (one of my sisters and my brother, 3 of Josh's brothers and one of their girlfriends). I also took Friday off so I can get my precious sleep after the show.


The plate says:
9 weeks down...217 days to go!
Baby is the size of a prune. Has elbows that will help him/her play baseball with Daddy someday. Has fully formed eyes (with Daddy's snowflakes or Mommy's rays). Wants chocolate chip cookies all the time!

Josh and I both have blue eyes but mine have rays shooting out from the center and his has what look like snowflakes. We always argue about which one is better :)

1 comment: