Tuesday, March 13, 2012

In light of my new embracing the pregnancy attitude I decided to post my first weekly update. I have to admit, I am TERRIFIED to post this and have put it off for a few days but I'm biting the bullet!

How far along? 8 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain: +3 pounds. It's been fluctuating but staying pretty steady for the past few days.
Maternity clothes? I'm pretty ashamed of this but…..I bought my first pair of maternity jeans over the weekend. My jeans just weren't cutting it and if I had to wear leggings for another casual Friday I was pretty sure people would start getting suspicious. I didn't buy full panel ones, they just have a little stretch on the back of the waistband and they are SO comfortable.
Stretch marks? None yet. I did buy stretch mark cream though, review to come :)
Sleep: Whenever possible! Last Friday I fell asleep on the couch at 7pm, slept through until midnight when Josh woke me up to go to bed and then slept in until 8 on Saturday morning. I started getting sleepy around 7pm again Saturday evening and ended up passing out at 8:45. Andddd repeat every day. I don't think daylight savings time helped!
Best moment this week: Hearing the little one's heartbeat last Wednesday.
Miss Anything? Just running. I glare at every runner I pass when I'm driving. I'm totally okay making that sacrifice though.
Movement: Too early for that!
Food cravings: Popcorn! I don't have specific cravings every day but I do have extreme food aversions. When trying to decide what to have for dinner I basically choose the option that sounds least disgusting to me. Yesterday I changed my mind 4 times before it was actually time for dinner.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Applesauce is the worst offender. A close second is the smell of Kool-Aid.
Gender: Still awhile before we'll know but I've felt a boy vibe from the very beginning. That's what Josh is hoping for so he's only too willing to encourage that. I also had a dream about our baby this week and the baby was a boy in the dream…an adorable, chubby-faced boy who had 2 teeth at 2 weeks old??? Weird.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Nausea in the evenings and mornings before I eat something, exhaustion, HUGE boobs, CM like crazy and bloat. Major bloat.
Belly Button in or out? Deep deep in.
Wedding rings on or off? On…hopefully for a long time! I'm dreading not being able to wear my rings.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!!! I did have a breakdown about feeling like I was getting fluffy last week that was definitely hormone related (Josh was ready to run for the hills) but other than that things have been strangely optimistic around here.
Looking forward to: Our next ultrasound, next Wednesday. I can't wait for Josh to hear the baby's heartbeat!

Also, because I'm crazy and really want a great progression of pictures we took a bump (BLOAT) picture this week. I'm going to be taking them every week and writing updates on this ceramic plate that we received as a wedding gift.


P.S. Does anyone know WHY my pictures are coming out blurry?? They don't look that way on my computer. Help! Also, see what I mean about the boobs?? They are taking over.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're focusing on enjoying this pregnancy! Keep the updates coming! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - you are already adorable at 8 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My my, I do see what you mean about the boobs, wow and that's at 8 weeks. It was really interesting to read this.

    ReplyDelete