Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Houston, we have a heartbeat.

I cannot even begin to describe how much relief I felt when that little whoosh sound started. Our baby has a heartbeat of about 170 beats per minute, really strong. Our little one is measuring two days ahead at 7 weeks and 6 days and it is absolutely beautiful.

My sister was able to come and see/hear the baby and it was so nice to share that experience with her. I met Josh for lunch afterwards and we smiled over pictures. Our next ultrasound is in 2 weeks just because my doctor wants to keep a close watch on everything due to my past miscarriages. We were able to make the appointment for afternoon so Josh will be able to come with me and I can't wait to see his face when he gets to hear the most amazing sound in the world. 

The doctor also went over the results from the bloodwork that I had done for him 2 weeks ago. All of the blood clotting disorders that he tested for came back negative which means that my problem in the past has definitely been thyroid/progesterone centered. He also gave me the HCG result from that day's bloodtest. I was 5 weeks and 3 days at that point and my HCG was 37,000. That and hearing the heartbeat today definitely have me feeling reassured. We're not even close to being out of the woods but it's definitely time to start living as if this will have a happy ending!

9 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad to hear about the heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New reader. Just want to send a congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!!!!! I am *so* happy for you to finally get some good news!!!! And I'm so glad you don't have any clotting issues to worry about. Fingers crossed that things keep going well this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first paragraph is so sweet. Great news, glad you're reassured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not new reader, but new commenter - just wanted to add that I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete