Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ultrasound tomorrow!!!

Tomorrow I will be 7 weeks and 4 days pregnant and am going in for a heartbeat finding ultrasound. I don't think I could be more nervous. I almost don't want to go because if something is wrong I'd rather just live in happy little denial. At the same time at least if everything is okay I can take a breath or two. I'm obviously conflicted with how I feel about it.

Josh won't be able to come because of work but I'm meeting him for lunch afterwards and hopefully I'll have a cute little picture or video to share with him.

The pregnancy symptoms are still coming on strong and I could not be more glad about that part. I feel like a zombie if I'm not in bed by 9pm, I had to interrupt my morning shower while I was washing my hair to hop out and lose my breakfast and my boobs are out of control. I went shopping with my sister last weekend and she was shocked when I was changing and she saw how much they've grown. They seem to have a life of their own.

Of course my 5 day spotting free streak ended last Saturday but I'm pretty sure that little episode was due to the workout I did that morning. It was very low key compared to anything I did on a regular basis before getting pregnant but the spotting served as a good reminder that I need to slow even more down. I've restricted myself to walking, swimming and arm work. My motto is that any activity is a plus right now.

The spotting didn't scare me as much as it could have because I got the results of my Friday progesterone test…..52!!! I've never seen a number that high on any test of mine and I cried when I got the text from my doctor. Those bi-weely PIO injections and daily suppositories are finally kicking this body of mine into gear.

I promise that my posting will be more interesting and have more of an actual point after tomorrow morning's appointment. I've been focusing on just making it to tomorrow and after the U/S I'll be firmly in one camp or another and not feel as if I'm in as much of a limbo spot. Thank you all for your support, I appreciate it so much.

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you. I really, really hope you get to see a heartbeat tomorrow! Hang in there!!! (I know limbo is nerve wracking!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to hear about your ultrasound!

    And oh the boobs, the boobs! My god I wish mine would stop growing already!

    ReplyDelete