Thursday, March 15, 2012

Stretch Mark Cream

When I found out that I was pregnant I knew that I wouldn't be making big baby related purchases right away. I am really paranoid and when it came to making possible purchases that was no exception.

I did buy one thing right away though (even though I literally had to force my finger to hit the purchase button on Amazon) and that one necessity for me was stretch mark cream. I bought it right away for 2 reasons really. First of all, I can be kind of vain and even though I know that as long as I have a healthy baby I probably won't really care about stretch marks I also know that I'd like to avoid them if I can. Second of all, I'm a sucker for those kinds of things…things that in reality may not make a difference at all but that you buy just so that you have the peace of mind that you're doing SOMETHING (even if you, in reality, are not).

I did a lot of research and ending up purchasing Mustela Double Action Stretch Mark Cream.

It was a little pricey for a cream but for my peace of mind it was worth it (to me). I've been using it every day as soon as I get out of the shower and I love it so far. It makes my skin feel soft and I really like the way that it smells. It doesn't have an overwhelming fragrance but it is very "fresh" smelling. Fortunately, it's one of the smells that doesn't send me into a gagging fit. Win!

Obviously I have no idea if it's helping and I probably won't for quite some time. I'll definitely revisit this then and let you all know my opinion on whether it made any difference. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. I have a funny story about stretch mark cream! it was one of my first purchases as well, I bought a body "butter" not a cream, Mistake number one..It was 5 dollars mistake number two..The first time I used it, I just didn't feel like it was coating enough so I globed a golf ball size in my hand and lathered my whole torso in it!(boobs and all)....
    The worst rash of my life appeared the next morning! itchy,red,raised,annoying rash! I had it for 2 weeks! It's kind of funny looking back, but it was hell at the time! LOL...So let me know how that cream works! I am in the market for something new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness you poor thing!!! That's horrible!! I was worried because I have SUPER sensitive skin. That is such a horrible, funny story :)

      Delete