Friday, September 7, 2012

Plans for Mom: Post-Partum Care

I’m READY for our little guy to get here but as excited as I am about delivering him I’m pretty nervous about the recovery process afterwards. Because of that I’ve put together a list of things to prepare/have on hand just in case they’re necessary. It may be TMI but I think most of it is pretty necessary and I’d really like feedback based on what you ladies are planning on doing or have done that’s worked in the past!

Stool Softener/Miralax- Self explanatory

Nipple Cream- I received some at my shower (along with breast pads) that I plan on using.

Throw Away Underwear- High waisted and cheap so that I don’t feel bad if (when…) I have to throw them away.

Spray Bottle- For the sore bits after delivery.

Cold Compresses- Also for the sore bits.

Tylenol/Ibuprofin- One for the pain and one for the swelling.

Freezer Pads- I plan on soaking regular pads in witch hazel and freezing them for those early recovering days.

Normal humongo pads- Also self explanatory.

Large water bottle- So that I can stay hydrated. I bought a 32 ounce water bottle that I can try to keep full and sip from during feedings.

4 comments:

  1. Stool softeners can take a few days to work, I would really encourage you to start taking them NOW if you aren't already doing so!

    Earlier this week someone I know gave birth and had such serious constipation that she required additional medical intervention---CRAZY, but it can happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOW???? Okay I will get on it! Well that makes it all really real :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't really need to buy any of that stuff, you get it all when you leave the hospital =) Ask for extras of the throw away mesh panties, they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jessica - they give most of that to you in the hospital. Nipple cream will save your life so definitely bring that! And yes, start taking stool softener now. It can't hurt! I had a natural delivery and even though its painful the recovery was unbelievable. I was up and walking within an hour and only took tylenol. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete