Sunday, September 16, 2012

Nursery progress....with pictures!!!


Sooooooooooo our nursery isn’t done yet. We’ve made a TON of progress and it’s *this* close. But it’s not complete. It should be 100% complete by next Wednesday and I can’t wait!

This is stuff that we have done though:

-We put up the crib and dresser. My mother in law was generous enough to purchase them for us and they’re gorgeous! I originally wanted white furniture but Josh felt very strongly about going dark instead so we compromised and I really like how they turned out.

-We bought a rug! The rug is probably my favorite part of the whole room. It ties everything together and I love it. We were lucky enough to get it 75% through RugsUSA.com when they had their 4th of July sale.


-Josh put up rain gutter bookshelves. Using a tutorial that I found on Pinterest (of course) he did this and it only took about an hour. I love the way they look and we’ve gotten tons of compliments on them. Score! The only downside is that once we put books on them the corners where the gutters connect to the corner connectors (so technical, I know) sag a little. We’re trying to figure out a way to reinforce them but they still look good and hold up well.


-We put a storage cube into the closet and organized it. All of baby’s clothes are stored by age in the cube. I didn’t feel like it was necessary to hang baby boy’s clothes since he won’t be wearing dresses or skirts or things so it’s nice to have all of his clothes out of the way.


-My mom painted the room. When she first painted there was a bit of a fiasco regarding the color. Before there was anything else in the room it looked decidedly lavender/purple instead of light grey/darker grey. After she painted the center molding yellow and we put things in the room though it’s definitely looking more grey.

-My mother in law made Peter Pan silhouettes for us to frame. That happened last weekend and Josh just hung them last Tuesday! Tonight I’m going to blow up another one to put in a HUGE frame which will be the main focus. You'll be able to see them in the "finished product" photos.

-My mom and I made a pirate ship mobile to hang above the crib.


-My mom gave me her old rocking chair (that she used for my siblings and I) and made cushions for it.

-My mom also refinished the bassinette that she used for my siblings and I. It’s being stored in the nursery for the time being but it’ll be moved into our room once baby is born.

We’re still waiting on the curtains. My mom is making those and will be putting them up next Wednesday. Josh is also going to build a white corner shelf which will go in the corner by the crib. It will hold the pirate ship that is currently sitting on one end of the changing table/dresser. He’s doing that this weekend!

I’ll be sure to post completed nursery pictures next week! I can’t wait until it’s completely finished! Hopefully these little peeks can hold you over until then :)




3 comments:

  1. It is looking so good! Love the gutters and mobile!!! Can't wait to see finished pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking great!! I can't wait to see the finished pics!! We're also waiting on curtains from my mother in law to help complete our nursery!!

    ReplyDelete