Thursday, June 28, 2012

Public Service Announcement: The bra that changed my life


This post is a little TMI but it’s worth sharing.

Before I got pregnant I did not have a small chest. It was nothing of epic proportions but I was a really solid C. At around 12 weeks I gave up trying to fit into my pre-pregnancy bras and went bra shopping. I bought DDs and they fit. Yikes, that was fast.

Unfortunately, the growth did not end or even really slow. I have no idea what traditional bra size I would fit now but it would be HUGE. The thought of buying new bras again, especially when the ballooning will probably continue and reach absolutely terrifying levels once our little guy is born and my milk comes in, is ridiculous. But the DDs weren’t cutting it.

I read a few good reviews online about Coobie bras. For the price it seemed silly to not give them a try. I found a promotional code and bought two of them (for $20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I bought the “full” size since I wanted room to grow. A little under 2 weeks later they came in the mail and I put one on immediately. And they are life changing. I’ve been exclusively wearing them ever since. They feel like a sports bra but they don’t give you the dreaded “uniboob” and are stretchy! They fit perfectly and I am thrilled!

I know that not everyone undergoes massive boob growth but wearing these bras brings a whole new level of comfort to the whole experience. I’d much rather be wearing these with sore boobs even if mine weren’t humongous.  Soooo if you’re having bra issues, they’re worth a try!

*Disclaimer: The company that manufactures Coobie had nothing to do with this post. These are all my personal views and I am only sharing them to help other women in the same situation.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! I am having these issues as well but don't want to buy bras that won't fit once baby comes or even 2 months from now. I have a question though - when I look at the full size it says 38A-42DD.....Did you find the bra to be wide? I normally wear a 32/34 band and I am worried it will be too wide around. Was this an issue or not at all?
    PS - I think this is my first comment here but I've been checking by from jesica's blog. I am just a few weeks behind you :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't find it to be wide AT ALL. I was worried about that too since I'm normally a 34/36 band. No issues :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooove my coobie bras! I think I'll be wearing them for the remainder of my pregnancy and beyond. I've been wearing mine for the last 5-6 weeks. I do feel like they're stretching out though, but still love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it weird that I'm sorely tempted to buy one...and I'm NOT pregnant? I LOVE wearing sports bras, but hubs makes fun of my uni-boob lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm you totally should buy one anyway!! They aren't just for pregnant ladies. I'm not sure I'll ever go back to a "real" bra LOL

    ReplyDelete