Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I’m so far behind on these but I know that if I make myself catch up I’ll just keep procrastinating so this is this week’s update!! I’ll include milestones from the past few weeks too J

How far along? 24 weeks!!! Viability baby!

Total weight gain: A lot. Over 25 pounds. And I’m shockingly okay with it. I’m walking every day, working with light weights and eating a healthy diet with lots of fruit and veggies. Apparently this is what my baby needs so I’m trying to embrace it. I’ve lost a lot of weight before (60+ pounds) so I know that I can do it again. The only thing that’s causing me issues with it is comparing myself to other people but that’s all mind stuff that I need to work out.

Maternity clothes? Almost all the time! The only non-maternity pieces that I’m wearing were already flowy dresses. 

Stretch marks? No new ones. Still none on my tummy. I use moisturizer on my tummy twice a day so hopefully that is helping anyway. I think something that also helps is that I was overweight before and I still haven’t reached an all time high weight-wise. 

Sleep: Pretty good. I’ve been getting up multiple (over 3) times each night to go to the bathroom but luckily I can always fall back asleep pretty quickly.

Best moment this week: . We had our first baby shower on Saturday (so early I know…my sister was in town from out of state for the last time before little guy gets here so we had an immediate family one). It feels so surreal to have stuff that’s for OUR baby. Really weird feeling. I think that we also decided on a name!

Miss Anything? Nothing.

Movement: Really strong! I feel him basically all day long now and I love it. Both Josh and my sister have also been able to feel him from outside. Yay!! I think movement is my favorite part
J

Food cravings: Fruit fruit and more fruit. I’ve been eating a lot of watermelon, plums and bananas.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing.

Gender: Bouncing baby BOY!

Labor Signs: None!

Symptoms: Peeing in the middle of the night, growing body, needing more rest (after standing up for half an hour + to make dinner I always feel like I’ve basically reached my limit).

Belly Button in or out? In and I’m now sure that it’ll eventually at least break even. It’s getting more shallow.

Wedding rings on or off? Still on! I don’t think I’ll make it to 30 weeks with them on though. We’ll see.

Happy or Moody most of the time:
Happy! Still anxious but definitely happy.

Looking forward to: Baby related- 3rd Trimester! Not baby related- Moving next month!

3 comments: