Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Day in the Life- My 9 month old and me!

6:50am- I hear babbling coming over the monitor and wake up. I go into Elliot's room where he's standing up at the edge of his crib facing the door. I take him out of his crib and he still seems a little bit sleepy so I go over to our rocking chair and rock him...hoping to get another half hour or so out of him.

After some almost eyes closing Elliot really wakes up, sits up in my arms and smiles at me. It looks like our day is going to get started!

7:10am- We go into Josh and my room to wake up Daddy. Elliot climbs on top of him before I can pull him back to change an his overnight diaper. After some kisses and cuddles with Daddy Elliot and I head to the living room while Josh takes a shower.



We read some books and play with Elliot's blocks. Normally I leave him to play with his toys while I get breakfast started but someone's extra clingy this morning so I just sit and play with him while he's in my lap.

After awhile we head into the kitchen (my sidekick, still clingy, on my hip). Elliot "helps" me make Josh's lunch and then his breakfast.

8am- Josh is out of the shower and dressed and we all sit down to breakfast.

Elliot has oatmeal with fruit puree in it, cheerios in his highchair and a few bites of my banana. It's cereal for Josh and a banana with almond butter for me. Tea on the side :)

I rush to get dressed in my workout clothes while Josh dresses Elliot. I pack up the diaper bag and we kiss Josh good bye to leave for my 9am spin class at the gym. *On the days we don't go to the gym, or when I go earlier without Elliot, we get to hang out with Josh until he leaves for work at 9:30*

8:55am- Elliot is dropped off at the gym daycare and I head to spin class! I pick a tired, just starting to get fussy baby up an hour later!

10:05am- We're home and Elliot is down for a nap. I clean up the kitchen from breakfast, tidy up the master bedroom and take out some ground turkey for lunch. After I'm done I lay on the couch with a glass of water and some roasted almonds...hoping to be able to relax enough to get to feel some baby girl kicks! I do :)

11:26am- Elliot is awake!! We play in his room (crib peekaboo!) for awhile. I take advantage of his happy playtime on the floor while I finish cleaning out a side of his closet that had gotten kind of out of control.

About 15 minutes later I set Elliot down in the living room with his toys and go into the kitchen to make lunch. Halfway through the process of cooking the turkey burgers my little sidekick appears at my feet. He's distracted for a few more minutes by the magnets on the dishwasher and some bites of veggie muffin.

12:30pm- We eat lunch. Lettuce wrapped turkey burger for me (freezing the rest for dinner later this week) and veggie muffin, cheese and mango for Elliot.

After lunch we do some more playing and then I take a shower (with Elliot trapped in his walker in the bathroom doorway). Once I get out and rescue him we cuddle to read some books since he's starting to get sleepy again.

1:45pm- Into his room for a bottle and some rocking chair time. He's down and asleep by 1:55. I get dressed, work on the blog, take out chicken for dinner and sort some laundry.

3:15pm- I wake Elliot up and we head for a playdate at the park! *I normally don't wake Elliot up for anything but we'd been trying to make this playdate happen for a long time and I was determined!* It was at a park with a spash/water area and he had a BLAST. Totally worth waking him up.



5:30pm- We're home and I feed Elliot a quick dinner so that he's hungry again in time for his bedtime bottle. We play around the house, read books, water the plants in the backyard and feed the chickens. Then we come back inside so I can make dinner for Josh and I.



7pm- Josh gets home and it's bedtime for Elliot! Bath, pajamas, prayers and a bottle. Daddy does the bottle so that I can get our dinner together.

7:30pm- Elliot is in his crib asleep. Josh and I eat dinner and then do our weekly updating of the budget. We watch an episode of Breaking Bad on Netflix and head to bed at 10:30!

2 comments:

  1. Busy day!

    I need to get around to doing one of these sometime! I'm always bad at keeping track of it though, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to catch up on your little man. You are amazing me by keeping up with this busy boy while pregnant!!

    ReplyDelete