Saturday, October 6, 2012

38 Weeks (and 3 days)


How far along? 38 weeks (and 3 days)

Total Weight Gain: 40 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Yepp! My favorite shirt is a white stretchy one that I bought at about 18 weeks. It's so soft and I'd wear it every day now if I could!


Stretch Marks: Yes. I'm not freaking out too much about it though. There aren't a lot- I'm just hoping that we can hold steady at where I'm at until baby gets here.

Sleep: Eh I'm getting it but the quality of my sleep is definitely lacking. Whenever I wake up I have to get up and go to the bathroom or flip over and both of those things are the opposite of fun. Luckily I'm able to go back to sleep fast usually.

Best moment this week: It's been a good week! I started maternity leave on Monday and I've been able to get a lot done.

Miss anything: Just being comfortable in my body. (Still...)

Movement: Definitely. Loving it while I can!

Food Cravings: Anything with cheese. And pineapple. Not necessarily together ;)

Labor Signs: Serious pelvic pressure (owwwww) and on and off contractions. Nothing consistent though. I'm now a little over 3cm dilated, 85% effaced and my OB swept my membranes last Tuesday at my appointment.


Symptoms: Fatigue, pelvic pressure/discomfort, hip pain, cramps, digestive upset. Same as last week plus heartburn.

Belly button in or out: Kind of in the middle. Weird. When I laugh it definitely pops out and it's pretty funny.

Wedding rings on or off: Off.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy!

Looking forward to: Next week! After my appointment on Tuesday (if I haven't gone into labor naturally by then) my doctor said that he'd be really comfortable with inducing any day after that (since I'll be over 39 weeks). I really think that we're leaning towards it. I know that the decision isn't for everyone and I'll write a post this week highlighting exactly why.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh anytime now, huh. I loved your nursery and hope labor goes smoothly and you have little guy in your arms soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that your belly button pops out when you laugh. That's so hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are getting really close!! Can't wait to see when baby comes. My labor signs and symptoms are about the same as you except I haven't had any cramping to speak of. Definite pelvic pressure. Sometimes it feels like he is punching me or head butting me in the groin. Ouch!!

    ReplyDelete